Bill 88 2012
An Act to amend the Pesticides Act to provide for the use of pesticides for cosmetic purposes with a licence
Note: This Act amends the Pesticides Act. For the legislative history of the Act, see the Table of Consolidated Public Statutes – Detailed Legislative History at www.e-Laws.gov.on.ca.
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Subsection 7.1 (1) of the Pesticides Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Prohibitions – pesticides used for cosmetic purposes
Licence to use
(1) No person shall use or cause or permit the use in, on or over land of a pesticide that is prescribed for the purpose of this subsection, except under and in accordance with a licence of a prescribed class.
2. Subsection 11 (1) of the Act is amended by adding “or subsection 7.1 (1)” after “section 5 or 6”.
3. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
4. The short title of this Act is the Pesticides Amendment Act (Licence for Cosmetic Purposes), 2012.
The Bill amends sections 7.1 and 11 of the Pesticides Act to allow pesticides to be used for cosmetic purposes in accordance with a licence of a prescribed class.